Back to the real world now .... how best to wash?

Salt water is a killer for all fabrics, help your product help you by rinsing in fresh water.

Back to the real world now .... how best to wash?

Postby Rachel » 14 Mar 2011 15:44

After my circumnavigation with Clipper I am beginning to settle back into the real world now and, in some respects, its bloody lovely! No more hardship, early morning wake-ups, or crap food. The downsides are pretty sad though – no more stars, moon rises, sunsets, big waves etc etc.

I wonder if you can help me? I am planning on washing the Ocean sleepwear outer bag and wondered if there is a correct procedure for doing this?
Rachel

Re: Back to the real world now .... how best to wash?

Postby OSmod » 14 Mar 2011 15:47

The outer probably only needs rinsing, or a very cool wash with soap flakes or Nixwax "Tech Wash" (treat it as you would your foulies - the waterproof breathable membrane can be destroyed by detergent.)

The fibre pile inners can be washed in a domestic washing machine on a 30°C wash using normal powder, probably best to wash them individually just to avoid strain on the washing machine.

When you unzip the layers you start at the foot - and visa versa when you come to join them together again.

Hope you settle back to "home" life soon

Clare (OSmod)
OSmod
Site Admin

Return to Washing and Product Care