[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
Ocean Sleepwear Information and Support Forum • View topic - Back to the real world now .... how best to wash?

Back to the real world now .... how best to wash?

Salt water is a killer for all fabrics, help your product help you by rinsing in fresh water.

Back to the real world now .... how best to wash?

Postby Rachel » 14 Mar 2011 15:44

After my circumnavigation with Clipper I am beginning to settle back into the real world now and, in some respects, its bloody lovely! No more hardship, early morning wake-ups, or crap food. The downsides are pretty sad though – no more stars, moon rises, sunsets, big waves etc etc.

I wonder if you can help me? I am planning on washing the Ocean sleepwear outer bag and wondered if there is a correct procedure for doing this?
Rachel

Re: Back to the real world now .... how best to wash?

Postby OSmod » 14 Mar 2011 15:47

The outer probably only needs rinsing, or a very cool wash with soap flakes or Nixwax "Tech Wash" (treat it as you would your foulies - the waterproof breathable membrane can be destroyed by detergent.)

The fibre pile inners can be washed in a domestic washing machine on a 30°C wash using normal powder, probably best to wash them individually just to avoid strain on the washing machine.

When you unzip the layers you start at the foot - and visa versa when you come to join them together again.

Hope you settle back to "home" life soon

Clare (OSmod)
OSmod
Site Admin

Return to Washing and Product Care